|IAC attached to the throttle body.|
Cleaning the IAC is very simple job to do.
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
2. Remove the air intake from the throttle body.
3. Disconnect the wire harness from the IAC.
4. Remove the IAC with a screwdriver.
5. Clean the metal tip of the IAC with a carb cleaner.
6. To re-assemble it follow the instructions in reverse.
If cleaning the IAC does not work, you may have a faulty IAC and you will need to replace it. If you had a dirty IAC and you've cleaned it, you will notice a difference in your car, it will run smoothly and save you money each time you come to a standstill! Having a clean IAC will help you maintain your cars mpg and will keep your car at its optimum, while a dirty IAC will decrease your gas mileage. If you liked what you read, please donate with a couple clicks on my ads and it will help me add valuable content to my site. Whats your cars idle speed?